Gorgeous photography featured below by Carissa from Image Photography.
See below for their tips and tricks for planning the perfect wedding day:
Wedding Location (with websites and contact details of venues if applicable)
- Ceremony: ‘Gowanbrae’ Dungowan, NSW
- Reception: ‘Ellsmere’ Dungowan NSW
- Accommodation: Best Western Sanctuary Inn - Tamworth
- Guest Numbers: 105
How did you two meet?
We have known each other since we were young; Steiny had played rugby for Pirates alongside my brother, in a team my Dad had coached.
Under the guise of ‘checking troughs’ on our property at Piallaway, Steiny proposed in the middle of a paddock at sunset with our daughter at his side.
What did you envision for your wedding day?
We wanted our wedding day to be a day all about love, our children and our family.
Why did you choose your wedding location?
We knew we wanted to get married on the farm, so we chose a spot beside the join of the Peel River and Dungowan Creek.
What was the main reason behind choosing your vendors?
Glamour Empire was my choice for hair and makeup, they came out to us and were absolutely brilliant on the day and I can’t thank them enough!
Ivory Lane was recommended to us by a lot of people, and knowing Jane personally I knew I could trust her and the team.
We chose QHP for catering as we had been to previous weddings they had catered and the food and service was flawless!
What is one thing you wish you knew before you started planning your wedding?
That there is so many options available, e.g ‘On the Day Planning’ from Ivory Lane, we didn’t have a wedding planner but Amanda from Ivory Lane was available to run the day for us to ensure nothing went wrong, and if it did, we didn’t know about it!
Best advice for other brides to be on planning a wedding:
- Get the big bookings (photography, stylist, hair & makeup, venue & caterer) done early and it takes so much pressure off!
- Good vendors are worth their weight in gold! They make the whole process so much easier.
Alex and Alex's Dream Wedding Team:
- Catering: Quality Hotel Powerhouse Tamworth
- Hire: Ivory Lane Event Styling & Hire
- Stylist: Ivory Lane Event Styling & Hire
- Photography: Image Photography
- Florist: Tall Poppy Florist Tamworth
- Stationery/Invitations: Ivory Lane Event Styling & Hire
- Wedding Planner: On the day- Ivory Lane Event Styling & Hire
- Celebrant/Minister: Donna Carey (Ceremonies by Donna)
- Entertainment: Aaron Bolton & Holly Schultz - Entwined
- Makeup: Glamour Empire
- Hair: Glamour Empire
- Cake: Sweet things by Sarah - Tamworth
- Transport: Bride & Grooms Prado, & two friends Prado’s
Brides Dress: BHLDN
Brides Shoes: Betts
Groom attire: Ed Harry
Grooms Shoes: Betts
Bridesmaids: For Her & For Him
Groomsmen: Ed Harry
Flower Girl/Page Boy:
Jewellery & Accessories: Veil & Hair Comb – Ammeg Designs Tamworth
Jewellery – Sorrelli
Please enjoy the stunning mages from Karissa at Image Photography below.