The backyard wedding is becoming increasingly popular amongst brides in Australia and around the globe. Here at Ivory Lane I ask myself why is this so? Here are a couple of reasons:
- The relaxed and personal vibe that can be created which usually completely reflects the couple
- There is multiple opportunities to add personal 'do it yourself' touches
- It usually takes place at a family home or property which again adds sentimental value to your big day
- There are no restrictions from vendors, suppliers, or closing times, which allows everyone to party all. night. long.
I am a big supporter of the backyard wedding, especially here in Australia, as we are renowned for spending extended amounts of time in our backyards.
There a few 'must dos' to achieve the perfect backyard wedding:
- Chill out area - with lounges and casual seating for your guests to relax
- Light your space with Bunting and Festoon lights - these are very popular at the moment and create beautiful lighting and ooze quirk.
- Informal Table arrangements - A backyard wedding is all about the relaxed vibe, so don't go too over the top with extravagant centrepieces. Keep it simple with pretty blooms in jars and bottles.
- Create a Self Serve Bar/ Food area - depending on what vibe you are going for, having easily accessible food and drink for guests will keep things informal and chilled out.
- Dance Floor - If your wedding is outside on grass, it is probably an idea to hire (or make) a click together dance floor to make sure your guests can bust out their best moves. Also, providing your guests with dancing shoes such as thongs always works a treat.
Below i have decided to comprise a collection of images which are uniquely fabulous ideas for your own backyard wedding! Everything from the Ceremony, Reception, the dress, the cake and multiple things in between.
I have also included an Ivory Lane Mood Board comprised of our own items and ideas to help you along the way!
(All images are found on Pinterest unless otherwise stated)
Find our Backyard Bliss board here: http://www.pinterest.com/janey1287/backyard-weddings/
I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments below and what you think of the first Ivory Lane Sunday Styling edition.
Love and happy reading,
Inspiration for your own
The Ivory Lane Memoir
This is the blog of weddings and events Ivory Lane has been a part of and beautiful, unique ideas for your big day.